Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Successful Saturday project!!!







As I mentioned, with my 2 youngest gone, I have uninterrupted time to complete cleaning projects that just otherwise would never get done. Today I tackled the small storage area under the stairs. The doorway is only about 18" wide or so, which makes it hard to keep stuff organized. It's barely as wide as a storage bin or box. Most things get thrown in, on the floor, literally!

Today I pulled out everything, went through every box and bag. Found better places for a lot of it, threw out what I didn't need, and then vacuumed the floor. The blue shag carpet is what we had in our living room before we put in wood floors.

The last step was to put back the things that really needed to be stored there, which turned out to be nothing but my photos and scrapbooks. That's all that's really important anyway, right?

No comments: