Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Monday, November 1, 2010

My Top 10 Things to do this Holiday Season

1. Try to make my own Christmas cards. How many will depend on how many scrapbooking supplies I have.

2. Sit by the fireplace. I haven't experienced real cold in 7 years. I plan on drinking lots of tea & cocoa by the fire all winter long.

3. Making Christmas gifts. This may be baking, cooking, involve scrapbooking, or if I run out of ideas, I'll be giving out the pickles we canned this fall.

4. Experiencing the events up here on the mountain, parades, bazaars, festivals, whatever there is up here in the middle of nowhere.

5. Watching lots of Christmas movies with the kids. Besides Snoopy and It's A Wonderful Life...any ideas?

6. Scrapbooking! I miss it, have lots of space, could find time to do it, but I'm out of supplies. I haven't bought anything new for a few years so I could use up older stuff. Now I need papers and adhesives and albums.

7. Listen to Christmas music. My favorite is Transiberian Orchestra's CDs, but if I'm in a mellow mood, I've got a few Manheim Steamroller CDs too.

8. Find a church event to attend so I can meet new people. I think I'll go to the tea they're doing mid-November.

9. Do something at the house for our homeschool group, maybe host a hang-out, game night for gr. 7 - 12 so older kids have something to do too.

10. Cook a Mexican Christmas menu (even if it's the week before Christmas dinner). I love tamales, enchiladas, real rice & beans, etc.

No comments: