Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I love to take walks.

This morning I decided to take a walk with Logan & Jordan. (Adam's not into walks I guess.) We live in a very unique place. Our complex is located right next to a nice, safe neighborhood with million dollar homes. They all have manicured lawns, no trash to be seen, fountains, bridges, stained glass, rose bushes trimming the edge of the lawn, you get the idea. I love walking through that neighborhood. It's peaceful, with very few (if any) cars on the roads. I always feel safe walking there.
I feel good that I did something good for myself. I feel renewed, my mind is cleared, the wind on my face, the sun shining on me, it's the best way I know to spend 40 minutes with my kids.
If you live in a place too cold for a walk, maybe walking in a mall is for you; or curling up in a cozy chair under a blanket, sipping hot cocoa, reading a good book for 40 minutes. If you're stressed, maybe it's a 40 minute soak in a hot bubble bath - you're never too old for that.
As much as my resolutions have to do with others - we all need time to recharge and renew. Find a way to enjoy some time for yourself today.

No comments: