Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost 2012!

It's been quite a while since I've been on here. Mostly because our computer died on Thanksgiving and we can't replace it yet. For Christmas Tim tried to buy me a laptop at his work, but they're sold out temporarily with no idea when they'll be back in, just that it'll be "soon". He paid for it and got me the gift card for it, but I still have to just wait.

Christmas was pretty good this year. We chose to do everything in the late afternoon/early evening since everyone's working weird shifts lately. We had a great dinner with the 7 of us, beef roast, potatoes, gravy, veggies, garlic cheddar biscuits, coconut cream pie, pecan pie, and peppermint stick ice cream!

I got a bunch of scrapbooking stuff from Mom (exactly what I was thinking I wanted), the gift card for the laptop, and Adam got me a nice light up angel decoration. The kids got clothes, money, gift cards, soft blankets and more. Tim asked for movies (live-action superhero ones) so we got him 8 of them! That should keep us busy while we wait for the computer and order Netflix.

Although it's snowed a lot already this winter and has been very cold, including below zero nights, the past 2 days have been warm and sunny. That's important for me to get through these cold winters again. I do miss palm trees and warm winters more than anything!

Adam took his first solo trip to the Valley during vacation. He drove the 200 miles down, will stay for 2 weeks, then drive home again. I made him promise me he wouldn't go anywhere New Year's Eve unless it's with his friend Tim's whole family. Other than that, he'll make good decisions, so I hope he has a great time.

Hopefully, the computer will come in soon and I'll be back on here more regularly, but for now, the library countdown is ticking so I have to go.

No comments: