Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Prioritizing: Step 3

Now that I've got 8 basic categories, now I have to figure out how to put those things into my calendar in the hopes of a more productive, more important, quality of life. Here's my preliminary thoughts on how to do this:

Start with the "big rocks" first - the most important, purpose-driven things I'm responsible for must go into the schedule first. Then the "should do this" things will be worked in around them. Finally, Habit 7 will probably be used to fill in the empty spaces that are left. If there's a lot, great. If there's only a little, then at least the most important things will be targeting to be done first. Also, I start my week on Saturday and end it on Friday to coincide with my business' week to make it easier.

Saturday: School planning, Business planning, Deep cleaning the house, friends & family calls/Skype sessions, Zumba, update personal blog, scrapbooking when possible, movie on Netflix with Jordan

Sunday: Church, get papers for coupons, clip coupons, Zumba, update faith blog,

Monday: School, enter new coupons, update lists, prospects contacted,Zumba, business FB/Twitter postings

Tuesday: Bible Study, School, Logan's drama class, Dollar Theater night (when there's $ and a good movie we actually WANT to see)- or else something on Netflix with them, prospects follow-throughs,

Wednesday: School, grocery list & coupon matching,caught up on webinars & phone calls,Zumba, business FB & Twitter postings

Thursday: School, grocery shopping, bills paid,prospects contacted,(this week, mtg. @ 7pm), Zumba (when there's no evening meeting), business FB & Twitter postings, Update couponing blog,

Friday: School, finish up business week, prospects follow-throughs, coffee with friends, Zumba, library to exchange books for the upcoming week

In addition to these, there's my daily to-do lists. Every day will have routine cleaning, errands to run, eating right, drinking my water, getting those one-time tasks on and off my list, getting rest & enough sleep, etc.

I really think I'm getting there. Hope this is helping someone else get organized & prioritized too.

No comments: