Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Starting School in 2 Days!

This has been a great summer. We moved to the Valley in spring, so this summer, we were able to take advantage of lots of swimming, dollar theater movies, feeding ducks at the park, going for ice cream, the kids' sleepovers, and great deals when shopping for necessities. We even found a great futon like brand new for just $39.99, and it retails for at least $300. But summer is over for us and the new school year is about to begin. Here's a few bullet points of my thoughts today:

- I took the summer mostly "off", so I hope I'm ready to start and didn't forget to do stuff.
- It'll be different not having 3 to teach now that Adam's graduated. It'll be easier this year.
- We all want to incorporate our faith into the school year more than in the past.
- We've got lots of great field trips and events here in the Valley to enhance the school year.
- I love new beginnings!
- It's so nice to have access to so many of the required books at these libraries!
- I hope the new homeschool group helps us all make new friends.
- I can't wait to see Logan in his first play in years, Sherlock Holmes!
- Logan in a youth band & Jordan taking sewing - they'll have fun this year.
- It'll be nice to have less distractions this year since we're in our own house, I don't have to work outside the home, Adam works, and Tim's on the road. We can really focus on Jordan and get her up to speed this year.

I have high hopes for this year to be one of great progress. I can't wait to start. We all do better when we're following a regular schedule. Time to really start our new life back here in the Valley.

No comments: