Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Minimalist Challenge Day 16: Don't Buy Anything for 24 hours

    This one again fell on a good day, unless you count what my husband bought today.  He's leaving for his next trip so he needed to restock his semi truck for the next 19 days. He bought his groceries, but I didn't also pick up anything for me or for the house while I was in the store. He put gas in the car that's taking him to his truck and back, although it's in my daughter's car, and she'll use the rest of it, I will be in it for one trip tomorrow. Not sure if that counts or not. Maybe not?

     Since today is Sunday, I don't stop anywhere before or after. We typically don't go out to lunch after unless it's for a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary or something. Sunday afternoons I don't buy anything unless it's online or maybe a pizza delivered if everyone's home. Today I need nothing.

     If this fell on a Thurs. or Fri. though, I'd have to postpone my grocery shopping. If I worked a regular job and this fell on a weekday, I may be in the habit of getting a coffee at a Dunkin' Donuts on the way in, or buying a lunch somewhere on break, or picking up something fast for dinner - so I understand people's days and situations are different. Maybe if you need to you could switch out a few days of the challenge?

     If you didn't buy anything for the next 24 hours either today or tomorrow, what would you have to avoid?

By the way, I love comments on here. I'd love to interact with some of you reading/following this challenge - especially if it's helped you even with one thing or just one day.

No comments: