Living Simply

This blog has developed into a blog about living a more simple life, as well as minimalism. Hopefully it will give you ideas how to simplify your life and get the most out of it.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Added Value: Hurricane Irma

     Today my blog post will be different. It's hard for me to find a way to write about living a simple life while I'm worried about my family in Florida. Many live on the east coast, and my sister, mom, and brother are on the west coast of FL. There's no evacuation for them, and the media shows photos of highways full of non-moving cars, the gas has run out, like some end of the world or post-apocalyptic movie.

     I feel like the best way to "add value" to people's lives today from where I sit is to pray for the victims already struck, pray for the storm to change direction and head more over water and less contact with land, and for the safety of all those in its path.

     If you don't pray, would you maybe take a moment of silence for them? Or light a candle for them? Or do whatever you do in times like this.

     Today, hug your loved ones, tell your family and friends how much you love them, because before this Hurricane is done, there will be many people in its wake who didn't have that chance.

     God bless.

No comments: